Bordering the Rainbow

04 April, 2006

Another of my interests -Framing

I started framing classes to learn how to frame my stitching projects. This was back in the Spring of 2004, & I am still going to these classes every Friday evenings. They are a lot of fun, half the time we just chat & don't do much work at all, most of us use this time to wind down from a week at work. I have learnt a number of techniques, some relatively straight forward, some extremely fiddly.
Here is a photo of some of the people in my class, along with our teacher. This was taken in June of 2004, I don't think we have aged too much since then.
I have a few projects that I need to be getting on with.

The first is the boy and the dog, and it is going to be inside an oval cut, this is the technique we are currently learning. I have cut the ovals, and covered the card with paper, for the most part, but I have not yet put it all together. Must get it done and finished this Friday, it is our last class before the Easter break.

Next in line is this card of a bear looking out at the moon. I think it is rather cute. I am going to try and cut a series of mats rotating. I have done this on square pictures, but never with a rectangle, so the calculations are different & a little tricky.

Last but not least, is this chicken card (right in theme with the bird flu going around). Everyone of us in the class was given the same card, which we have to frame using any technique we feel most appropriate. In a few months time, there will be a competition for the best. I have a few ideas, I have already got some chicken wire, some plastic eggs and some straw, now I just have to plan out my idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home