Bordering the Rainbow

14 April, 2006

Simple Pleasures

When you leave your native country and go & live in another one, at first you miss some of the foods from home. But gradually you get to know the local equivalents, and then that longing for cetain foods from home goes away. However, there are some foods that do not have a local version, I try to stock on these when I go back to the UK in my car, because weight restrictions on the airlines do not allow for a suitcase full of groceries.
Fortunately, a hypermarket near me is now selling some of those products the I miss, so last Tuesday I was able to buy some Heinz baked beans, some HP sauce, some McVitie's digestives (original & chocolate) and some cheddar cheese - that evening I felt like I had a real feast.
It doesn't take much to make me happy, does it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home