Bordering the Rainbow

22 April, 2006

Fairy Moon is finished


I can't believe that it has been 7 days since I last wrote here, so much for my good intentions of writing twice a week. However, I have been busy during that time.
I am delighted to say that all the stitching & beading on Fairy Moon is now finished. I love this design. I was pleasantly surprised that the beading needle was relatively cooperative during the whole process and I did not have to “fight” with it too much at all. The biggest headache was the fact that I had to do the beading with the fabric on my scroll rods, I find them rather large & cumbersome to handle. I really prefer to stitch using a hoop, but with so many beads on this piece, it just wasn’t going to work.
Now I just have to figure out how I am going to frame it. I have a couple of ideas, but need some time to work out how I am actually going to do it. I don't want to do regular mats, I hope to be able to give them a little more shape. I have a week off during the month of May, so I will try out my ideas then.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home