Bordering the Rainbow

15 May, 2006

A little stash therapy


On Saturday, I received a little package from Sew & So, just a few things that I had ordered earlier in the week. I really only needed the 2 Kreiniks to be able to complete "Pirate Treasure", but as I pay the same amount of postage for one or multiple items it seemed a little silly not to order of few more things. So I got 3 more DMC threads, a pair of bellpull ends for the "Just Nan" piece, the Kreinik Custom Corder + weight, "Giggles in the Snow" and the beads to go with it.

I have now added a third Crazy Cow to my cushion cover, this time it is the "Puzzle" version. These are really quick stitches, so it should not take too long to complete the 9. But then again, that depends on if I get distracted by some other project.

For the most part, it is quite handy being English, this being the unofficial international language, it seems so much of the information on the internet is in English, even a lot of foreign sites have translations into English. Though being an English person in a foreign country can sometimes be a disadvantage. A number of people will come to me if they need something translated from English to French, as quite often I am the only English person they know. Usually it is only a paragraph or two, so nothing too daunting. Yesterday, when I was at a dog competition, one of the ladies whom I see regularly at competitions, asked if I could translate a couple of pages from a sewing book for her. As she used the word "couture", which more frequently relates to regular sewing or dressing making, I asked her what the book was about. She told me she had recently bought it as it was embroidery with ribbon, and the models were magnificent, but she could not understand the instructions. It sounds very interesting, I am looking forward to seeing a couple of pictures, I think she is sending the pages to me tomorrow.

2 Comments:

  • I love those cows :D

    Number three is definitely my fave so far and I can't wait to see the next six.

    By Blogger Joyus, at 11:41 am  

  • Another fab cow! Apologies if you've already said, but can you tell me the designer?

    By Blogger Seahorse, at 2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home