Bordering the Rainbow

24 April, 2006

On to "4 Wishes"

I started right in with “4 Wishes” by Just Nan, as soon as I had finished “Breeds of Sheep”. This is quite different, plenty of bright colours and specialty stitches – I am a little out of practice on some of these specialty stitches, so it is slow going for the moment.

I am stitching it on 28 count Permin linen, probably my least favourite fabric to stitch on, it is very stiff and the threads are way too irregular for my liking. So why did I chose it, well it was in my stash and was the right colour, count and size for this design. I am trying to use up elements from my stash as opposed to continually buying more; I have quite a few pieces of fabric, plenty of charts to choose from, many of which are “crying out” to be stitched, so the goal is to match up fabric and patterns and stitch those first. Once all those have been stitched – many years down the road from now – then I can start buying some more fabric.

I don’t know who names the colours of the fabrics or how they decide, but the colour of this linen is “Champagne”, now if I poured out a glass of champagne this colour, I would have serious doubts on the quality of the product – I can only assume this unfortunate, unknown person has never had the chance to raise a toast at any of the celebrations that one normally attends during ones life. They should come over here, as I live very close to champagne country, and I will introduce them to the real stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home